On Thursday, meteorologists were predicting 5 to 9 inches of snow in the New York City area. After teaching my young scientists about storm systems, I also taught them magic tricks to make a snow day happen.
If you search for it, there are dozens of tricks out there. Here are my favorites:
1) Wear your pajamas inside out.
2) Place a spoon under your pillow.
3) Throw ice cubes down the toilet and flush them.
4) Place a white crayon in the freezer.
5) Spin 5 times in one direction, then 5 times in the other direction.
My son, Santiago, and I did all five. We went to bed thinking magic thoughts. Then, when we woke up... MAGIC! The city was blanketed in snow and the Mayor and Chancellor had called for a snow day. We celebrated with a little dance and played all day.
My son believes in magic. Do you?